Monday, September 22, 2008

I had quite the day with Nick on Sunday...so I thought I'd share. Nick is definately my ornery one, but I was to the point of pulling my hair out yesterday! I even had to do the good old "count to ten" a couple times. Bill was gone all day, so I was on my own with the boys. To start the morning off, Nick was eating a banana and watching cartoons...next thing I know he's shredding it with the propellers on this airplane toy. He had smashed banana on EVERYTHING! Himself, the recliner, blankets, the dog, the carpet!! So he's sitting in time-out while I'm cleaning up the mess...next thing I know, he has poop up his back (Sidenote: we're trying really hard right now to get him potty trained) So I then have to take off all his clothes, including underwear. I cleaned him up, put a pull-up on him and sent him to the toy room to play while I continued to clean everything else. Right when I finished cleaning the smashed banana off the suede-ish recliner, he walks into the living room COVERED in vasoline!!! Face, arms, chest, and of course his hair... I still have no idea where he dug this out from. So I take him to the bathtub to clean up and put new clothes on. By now it's lunchtime. Thankfully, the next couple hours were pretty normal, and he was fairly good. I decided to make zuchini bread in the afternoon. Nick really likes to help me cook and bake, so he pulled up the step stool. I was halfway through making the batter, and went to the cupboard to get something...when I came back to the mixing bowl I saw that he had dumped about 1/2 box of baking soda into it. That was the end of helping me make zuchini bread!

To top the day off, Nick was playing in the curtains in the living room. He knows he's not supposed to play here, and was testing me...just as I walked up to him to pull him out, he grabbed the curtains and yanked hard. He snapped one of the brackets that holds the rod, and the whole curtain rod came tumbling down. He got a spanking for this, and had to go to timeout again. After about 5 minutes I walked over to talk to him, and explain why he was in trouble. When I bent down I could smell that familiar smell.........you guessed it! He pooped his pants AGAIN!

Needless to say, by the time Bill got home I was ready to get the heck out of the house!! (And drink a fishbowl sized margarita!!)

1 comment:

Brian Cronenwett said...

Tough day with the boys on Sunday...DANG POOOO everywhere.
LOL! I know I have mine coming VERY soon. Combine pics are cool too. What is UP WITH ALL the buckeye crap...like I said POOOO everywhere!!!

Later Love Brian